Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Jensen's 3rd Birthday!

We celebrated Jensen's 3rd Birthday this past Sunday! I can't believe he is 3 years old already. The time has gone by so fast and he is such a big boy now! It's hard to believe that he will be going to school next fall. The party was a huge success. The weather was great and we had a good turnout. There were people that we missed there ( aka Aunt Net and Uncle Dave) but we knew they were there in spirit. Jensen wanted to have a tractor party. So we had to be creative in our decorating. We had a Farm theme overall.

Here is the cake table. We had party hats and blowers with a farm theme and had pictures up above the table of Jensen on Grandpa's tractor.



Aunt Lara decorated the cake. She did a great job for her first try! Now she wants to do it every year which is great with me:) We had a Farmall 300 Tractor and wagon on the cake and as soon as Jensen saw that we had a hard time keeping it on the cake!


While getting ready to decorate I realized that we didn't have a banner that said Happy Birthday on it and then I remembered that we had used a banner the past 2 years that Aunt Net had made for him on his first birthday and I realized that I had seen it in the storage room this past week and didn't think about what it was so I ran downstairs and grabbed it. Last year we had marked out 1st and put 2nd Birthday so I covered that up again and we reused it for the 3rd time and it worked out great! It also made me feel like Net had a part in the party even though she couldn't physically be there.

Although he didn't want the tractor go on the cake to begin with he was really proud of his cake. As soon as people arrived he would take them to see his cake first!

We weren't sure how the singing of Happy Birthday would go because he kept telling us that if we sang to him he would "freak out" ( no kidding his words). He did run for the door when we first started singing but then his cousins Lane and Sara came up to be with him and he was fine.

2 comments:

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Wow, that was an awesome blog!! It helped me feel like I got to share in Jensen's B-Day! Those are grrrreat pictures and I love the video too!!! I do feel like I was apart because you used the tractor pics I took of Jensen and that banner I made for his 1st B-day!! Yeah, I still wish I could have been there! Love yah!

Anonymous said...

Great decoration girls!